A will is a written direction controlling the disposition of property at death. Drafting a legal will ensures that the assets you spent a lifetime accumulating will be preserved for the benefit of your heirs. Our goal is to work closely with you so that you decide who gets your property instead of the law making the choice for you.
In Florida, the maker of a legal will, or testator:
• Must be at least 18 years old;
• Must be of sound mind at the time the will is signed;
• Must draft the will in writing;
• Must have the will witnessed and notarized in the special manner
provided by law for wills;
• Must follow the exact formalities required by Florida law for the execution of a will;
Finally, upon the testator’s death, the legal will must be proved valid in and allowed by the probate court.
Our experienced Tampa Wills Attorney will assist you in drafting a legal written will, and the documents that usually accompany a legal will, including:
• Last will and testament;
• Living will / Healthcare Proxy;
• Lists of gifts of intangible property;
• Power of attorney.
More importantly, we will keep your will documents safely in our possession until the time of probate. Unlike draft forms and other online legal services, we will be available to provide guidance to your executor or personal representative to ensure that your will documents are executed in accordance with your wishes.
Our Wills Attorneys
Thomas Baker, Esq.
Haksoo Stephen Lee, Esq.
The Florida Bar – Wills